Claim your eCard via Text Message:
1. Within 24 hours you will be able to claim your e-card by texting “eCard” to the number 51736.
2. After sending the text message “eCard”, you will receive instructions via text message on how to claim your eCard.
3. If you attempt to opt-in and your number is not in the system, you will receive a message that your phone number was not found. This will happen if you did not register using your cell phone number. If you did not register using your cell phone number, claim your eCard using the instructors below for “Claim your eCard via Email”.
Claim your eCard via Email:
1. You will receive an email from eCards@heart.org. Please check your spam or junk folder if you do not see the email in your inbox.. If you do not see the email, search your email account for the term “eCard”. This will bring up the email from the American Heart Association.
2. The email will contain a link inviting you to claim your eCard online. This link will direct you to the Student Profile webpage.
On this page, please confirm that all of your information is correct: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Phone Number.
*If any of your information on the page is incorrect, please contact us! We will make the necessary corrections to your eCard right away. Our contact information is available on your class receipt. You can also click the link at the bottom of this page that says Contact Information for our phone number and email address.
3. After reviewing that your personal information is correct, set up your security question and answer. Accept the terms of the site and click “Submit.”
4. Complete the survey on the course you just completed.
5. After you complete the survey, your eCard will display. You can save or print your eCard.
6. Once your eCard has been claimed, you will receive an email notification; save this confirmation email for your records. If you did not add the card recovery insurance, there is a $20.00 fee to reclaim your eCard.
7. Claiming your eCard is the only way you can show proof of course completion to your employer. If you need to email your eCard, please see step 5 under “How to View your Claimed eCard” (link to this answer when building the page).
Claim your eCard via eCards Site:
1. Visit the eCards Search page. On the “Student” tab, enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email (ensure this is the email address that was used to sign up for the course). Click “Search.”
2. If all the information was entered correctly, you will be brought to a page that shows “My eCards”. Look for your eCard that is “Unclaimed” and follow the steps through the site to claim your card, including setting up a security question and answer.
*If your eCard cannot be found, contact us to verify your information. Contact Us
How to View your Already Claimed eCard
1. Visit the eCards Search page. On the “Student” tab, enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email (this must be the email address that was used when you registered for the course).
2. Answer your security question you created when you first claimed your eCard.
3. If all the information entered is correct, you will be brought to a page that shows “My eCards.” If your eCard cannot be found, please contact us to verify your information.
4. To download an eCard, select the size you would like (Full or Wallet) where it says, “View eCard.
5. To email an eCard, select “Email Cards,” enter the email address, and click “Email.”
How an Employer Can Verify a Student’s Claimed eCard
Note: The student must have already claimed their eCard before an employer can view it.
1. Visit the eCards Search page. On the “Employer” tab, enter the eCard Code (up to 20), and click “Verify.”
2. The next page will show the eCard Status of the inputted code(s).
Need further assistance or have additional Questions? We are here to help!
If you are still having problems claiming your eCard or have additional questions, please contact us at the specific training site where you took the course.
We’re here for you! Contact Us